Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Boring Eid Holidays


I always hated Eid in Kuwait. It's always about family gathering to eat. If you ever decide to spend the day outdoors with the family (again to eat), it's incredibly crowded everywhere. What other options do we have? Cinema? Too crowded, too noisy and they keep on cutting off scenes. What else? Nothing …
I thought I was the only one who felt this way, but to my surprise I found out that all my friends suffer from boredom. My brothers came back from Marina Mall yesterday saying that it was too crowded and most people had sad or bored faces. Pathetic!
Why can't we have more options for entertainment? How about if we have more
cultural activities:

1. Local and International Musical concerts.
2. Local and International theaters.
3. Several Exhibitions.
4. Festivals, parades and fireworks (like we used to have before to celebrate the National Day in Kuwait).
5. Entertaining projects in the desert (like the sand skiing, thousand & one night tents as in the UAE). We have lots of desert area, why not use it?

Right, now I'll go back to my boring Eid routine: reading, eating, sleeping…or probably playing a joke on someone…just to add some spices.

4 Kisses:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

Post a Comment

<< Home